Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Three Leaves?
- The name is inspired by the beauty and splendor of nature. In the woods of the Catskills I picked up three brightly colored leaves. It was a special moment. Take a deep breath, in and out.
- What is ethical menswear?
- Ethical menswear is clothing produced using less harmful materials and production processes.
- What are the advantages of Organic Cotton?
Cotton is grown with the use of pesticides, herbicides, and synthetic fertilizers. These chemicals are often highly toxic. Some are carcinogens that can harm people and animals as well as the environment.
Organic cotton production includes healthier practices to ensure the soil remains healthy. These include maintaining a healthy balance between “pests” and their predators, physical removal of weeds instead of chemicals, and other practices that minimize the use of chemicals and their negative side effects.
- Is shipping from Europe eco-friendly?
- What does 'happy sheep' mean?
- How much does shipping cost?
- We charge a flat rate of $8 for standard UPS ground and $17 for UPS 3 day shipping. Shipping is free for orders over $150.
We went to great lengths to find clothing that is ethically produced and does not compromise on style. We are doing our best to ensure the products we buy have less of a negative impact on the environment. Our aim is to increase the demand for more sustainable and ethical clothing. We are not perfect but believe in doing less harm.
The welfare of the sheep is a priority. The use of pesticides on either the animals or the land on which they graze is prohibited. Fattening up aids are not used. It is of highest importance that mulesing not be allowed. Producers are required to ensure that they do not exceed the natural capacity of the land on which the animals graze.